Resizing (Adding to) your map

Hi,

I am pretty new to cartographer, but I think I have gotten used to working with the application and have used it to produce quite a few maps.

I now have one problem though. I initially just created a small map, which represents a section of my world map. I just wanted to know how I can either resize my map so I can added the rest, or how I can add to this map.

I guess I could use the 'Insert File' option, but I would rather want to add "White space" around my whole map. Is this possible? And if so, how?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited February 2009
    CC3 maps are basically infinite in size, so all you need to to is to resize your map border(if any) and map background (if any). Since these typically reside on frozen layers, you should open the layer dialog and unfreeze (thaw) all layers first. Then just use the scale[SCALE] command to resize the border and background. Just make sure you get all the parts of the border

You could also just start a new (larger map), then use insert file to insert your old map into the middle of the new one (And then delete the extra border, background, compass roses, etc from the inserted map). This should leave available space all around your old map.