Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorjslayton
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2018

One way to reduce the overall apparent detail level is to reduce the intensity of the normal map by reducing the scale value that you enter when saving it.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Thank you, Joe :)

I will try some different numbers, and maybe use other different types of export to enhance the detail of the visible bitmap - as you suggest in your tutorial ;)

And I promise I will try not to give everyone snow blindness again :P
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2018 edited

Gong to take a short break from doing the mountains. Its occurred to me that I really need to generate an acceptable 'Mountain' fill to sit these mountains on. I think I may already have done it with the 'Land' fill here, but I may need to think a bit more about the overall colour scheme.

Once I've got it right, that will dictate the colour of the roots of each mountain at least, whatever else I do with them.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Applause ! I like those mountains ! No, I didn't have to put my sunglasses on to look at them.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

Thank you so much, Jim :D

These are only the early stages yet. I'm hoping to do all kinds of different things ;)
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2018

I'm getting closer...
      Shaded mountains2.JPG
    This is great. Exactly the style I've been after in this program, although I'm lost when following your process.
    Great work.
    Cavan
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTime7 days ago

Thank you Cavan :)

All I'm doing is following Joe Slayton's instructions from his latest tutorial on using Wilbur to create shaded mountains.

When I've perfected it (there are still a few things that aren't quite right) I'll see about making them available as some kind of symbol set ;)
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTime7 days ago

Applause !
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTime7 days ago

Thanks Jim :)

The shaded mountains are why I'm also trying to develop a suitable set of top down textures to use them with. The projects are running in tandem, but slowly - because I keep hopping backwards and forwards between them.
    These are looking awesome Sue! I wonder if you will do a whole range symbol too instead of just one mountain at a time? I'm only asking because I'm lazy and don't want to lift that much rock :P
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTime7 days ago

LOL!

I'm only just getting started on this, Tony. I need to get the whole set together and release it all in one go, but it has to be practically flawless first.

That's just one of my pet 'things'.
    hehe, I understand that completely. I know my isometric tudor buildings aren't flawless but they were as close as I could get considering I really don't understand the maths behind perspectives. I just went by looks.
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTime7 days ago

Posted By: Tonnichiwahehe, I understand that completely. I know my isometric tudor buildings aren't flawless but they were as close as I could get considering I really don't understand the maths behind perspectives. I just went by looks.

Math ? I just use windage. Well, can't use too much windage, if I did, my buildings would all lean way over, like they were going to fall.
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue
    • CommentTime7 days ago

That would certainly add an interesting slant to the world! :O
    that would make for an interesting map!