Case fell apart in my hands

I needed to reinstall some of the software and when i took my copy of CC3 off the shelf the case literally disintegrated in my hands. I checked theo other cases and I had the same issue with Dioramas. So 2 of my 8 cases are ruined. Has anyone else had the same issue? Are the other 6 cases in jeopardy of falling apart as well? These cases were not kept in the sun or in high temperature. just been sitting on my desk shelf.

Comments

• jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    I have had a lot of old DVD cases just shatter recently (not the ProFantasy ones, but other games). The black plastic gets brittle after about five years or so and just breaks into little pieces.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Can't say I've had any problems with mine. I just checked them now, but before that they've just sat on my shelf for years upon years (I always download the newest installers, so those old DVD's isn't much use for me, especially now with CC3+ replacing CC3). But they are just standard DVD covers, so you should be able to get new blank ones to replace them for next to nothing.