FT3 Image Overlay Templates to aid in climate.

During my world building, I sometimes try to be 'realistic'. FT3 doesn't do climate very well, jslayton has explained as much - http://forum.profantasy.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=6203&page=1#Item_0

FT3 has a tool that allows you to overlay pictures and I have devised a few templates, that with some basic reading on the subject, should help to keep me in line with how climate should take shape. I thought I would share the templates in case anyone else would like to skip making them.

Here is a couple of the templates in action in FT3

Comments

• These are great. I did have something like this for my world of Myirandios (visible when you press the Geology button at the bottom left), which shows currents, winds and tectonics. And of course my climate was modelled on the Hadley cells. But your templates make this SO much easier to figure out, I will be delighted to use them
  • Thanks, I often find myself looking up the same things over and over, so I'm attempting to make some standard processes for myself, quit reinventing the wheel each time, so to speak. Hope you get lots of use from them.
  • I have just started using this for the winds and currents on my Geology layer, as I have just realized the map I had currents, winds AND tectonics was on an old map. So double thanks for this. I will post my Geology layer later (also shows altitude)