Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2017

Here is the beginning of the Caer Saes region in southern Berenur, in the Jon Roberts Overland Style (CA51)
      Caer Saes.PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2017

Here is an updated map - some more text to go. But nearly finished
      Caer Saes2.PNG
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

Wow Quenten, you are just on a roll! Another great contribution!
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

I also have to straighten out some of the outside symbols. I am trying to get all the reserved areas on continents apart from Artemisia done before Xmas. Just Sanctuary Valley in Malajuri, and Truwithiel in Peredur to go.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

This is my final offering on this. I will submit it to Remy Monsen in 36 hours, unless there are comments/suggestions to improve the map.
      Caer Saes3.PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2017 edited

That looks really nice. I'm a big fan of the Jon Robert's Overland styles. Looks like a painting!

A few thoughts: The title of the map is somewhat difficult [for me] to read, maybe consider a darkened, semi-transparent square behind it? And a whole bunch of fairly large rivers converge at Finren, near the bottom, so maybe consider widening at least the final, merged river?

I really like the lake at the bottom, partially obscured by the mountains. And the heraldic symbols around the frame are a neat touch. I totally want to wander around the region!

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Thanks, Dogtag, for your critique - just what I was looking for. I see the point about the rivers, and I will ponder on how to make the title more visible.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

I have enlarged the river, fixed the transparent shield background, and highlighted the text a bit more. Oh, and Dogtag, turn on the lights when you look at text! :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag

You realize the computer screen is a big light, right?  :P ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Perhaps it is blinding you? :D
    Here is the version fixed up. Will this be legible enough? If you say all is OK, then I'll submit it later today.
      Caer Saes4.PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2017

Two new maps from Quenten in the atlas:

- Caer Saes
    - Dunor Region

Thanks for submitting another great set of maps.