Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorTonnichiwa
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2017 edited

Hello everyone,

I've been working on a province map for the country of Kozakura in the Forgotten Realms. I plan on mixing the rules of the Birthright system with the rules for Oriental Adventures so I can basically create the dungeons & dragons version of the warring states period in Japan.

But to do that I needed a province map of all the provinces of the country. Eventually I planned on adding more to this like rivers, mountains, forests and major cities, but I figured I had better get the province map laid out first. I'm also planning on detailing every single province for more in depth role playing.

I based this map on the old black and white map of Kozakura that came in the Swords of the Daimyo module for Oriental Adventures.

I hope you enjoy it.
      Kozakura Province Map.JPG
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2017

Wow. Love the background. Writing is a little difficult to work out, but it does fit the style you have created.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

Fantastic map, Tony! I do agree, however, with Q that the font is a bit tough to read - at first I thought it really WAS Japanese, lol

Thanks Quenten and Lorelei, I'm glad you like it. The lettering is sort of Japanese and so are the words so that is why it looks so similar. But that is what I wanted. I went on the hunt for different fonts than I used to use because the licensing on Kaneiwa changed.
    Very nice!

Thanks Charles :)
    • CommentAuthorLadieStorm

It looks really good! Too bad I can't read any of it! lol

Thanks Ladiestorm :)

Ok, well, since so many people are having trouble with the writing, I'll write it here so you all can see what those words say.

1-Kagochi, 2- Toyaki, 3- Miko, 4- Nakaido, 5- Sogai, 6- Naredo, 7- Iwari, 8- Ike, 9- Dosaki, 10- Gizan, 11- Kumaike, 12- Naga-ido, 13- Fukudo, 14- Chibana, 15- Tochiko, 16- Okiga,

17- Sanyo, 18- Futesama, 19- Oie, 20- Kodo, 21- Sudai, 22- Yama-no-Taichi, 23- Azuma, 24- Tairayama, 25- Unetgeso, 26- Moro, 27- Doku, 28- Okane, 29- Miyama, 30- Shizume,

31- Horosawa, 32- Tsuko, 33- Waya, 34- Shogitsu, 35- Hira, 36- Wakinasga, 37- Hochi, 38- Takako, 39- Maeshi, 40- Kanahanto, 41- Ashi, 42- Yokozu, 43- Migri, 44- Haso, 45- Kyotoge,

46- Ishinuma, 47- Senike, 48- Watsu, 49- Eiga, 50- Akime, 51- Kumachi, 52- Sai, 53- Niie, 54- Gumi, 55- Ibasuido, 56- Mito, 57- Tenmei

I've spent some time adding in some mountains and some of the major cities. This is as far as I've gotten. It's taking me some time to get used to it because it looks so different from the first one but I think I like it. (I know the numbers are hard to read on the areas with mountains and foothills, I just haven't done anything with them yet. I will change them when all of the mountains are put down.)

Enjoy
      Kozakura Province Map 2.JPG
    • CommentAuthorthehawk

What font(s) are you using? They seem to fit the style and mood exactly. I am always on the lookout for new fonts that, admittedly I never do anything with 99% of, but really like having the option..

The font is called "Message from the East". It's available on the Dafont website.
    I would keep both versions under different names. One political and the other with the mountains and such. :-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeDec 17th 2017

I agree with Charles.

Yup. I am doing that.
    Yes! LoL! ;-)
    • CommentAuthorScottA

I really like the mountains. They make the whole thing really pop. Can't wait to see it finished.
    Excellent
    Thanks guys, I still have to work on this as I've been putting it off lately. Been concentrating on one of the challenges over at the Cartographer's Guild.