prolonged yet temporary absence

Hello

You probably have noticed that I have not posted anything in about a month or so. I still came around to look at the beautiful maps, but I did not have the time or energy to write comments in the past month.

The main reason, why I turned passive on the forum, is my dissertation, which I'll have to finish until the end of May 2018, which puts me under a lot of pressure. I was aware, that this period would come in which I would no longer have time to spend hours mapping, but I got blindsided by some other tasks that needed to be done.

Therefore, my plan to announce my temporary absence in advance did not work out as planned. Initially I wanted to prepare another, more extended tutorial on how I do maps such as the Dòriant map, which I would have released together with my announcement, but I did not manage to bring it to an end (currently it is about 20 pages long and far from done). So, this will unfortunately have to wait. The same goes for the Vyrn City map, which I kept working on regularly but did not manage to finish yet. As for now, it does seem quite unlikely that I will be able to finish it before Christmas.

Anyway, I just wanted you to know, why I was absent and that I do plan to come back no later than June 2018. I will surely find time to drop a comment now and then, but until then I certainly won’t have the capacity to be as active as I have been during the spring and the summer.

Cheers,

Hadrian

Comments