Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorovka
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2017

I upgraded my CC3 to CC3+ and have the latest patch (along with the latest CC3+ Cosmographer). I tried a Traveller sector import and have noticed something strange. Some of the underlying data formats might have changed (it's been a year or more since I last imported a Traveller sector) because I don't recall having this problem before. The Allegiance codes sheet and layer is pulling in the first two characters from the Ex field in the data, the travel zones are not being added, the gas giants are not being added, and the bases are not being added. There may be other oddities, but those are the ones that jump out at me.

Cheers,

Ovka
    • CommentAuthorovka
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2017

I finally got this figured out. I took the Example.cfg file provided in the System/Traveller directory and modified the first two lines at the top from

msec source = http://www.travellermap.com/MSEC.aspx?sector
    sec source = http://www.travellermap.com/SEC.aspx?sector

to

msec source = https://travellermap.com/api/msec?type=MSEC§or=?sector
    sec source = https://travellermap.com/api/sec?type=SEC§or=?sector

Now, as log as I select that configuration file when I import the data, it works as it should.

Cheers,

Baron Ovka
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Thanks. This will be usefull for later.
    • CommentAuthorovka

Well, I just checked with the owner of the TravellerMap site. He said his fresh install of cc3 doesn’t require any extra work. It’s just cc3+. I did notice that if the file I specified wasn’t available, cosmographer still found a file from the TravellerMap site (right sector, wrong file format). Perhaps the issue is error checking gone awry?

Cheers,

Baron Ovka
    • CommentAuthorDenalor
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2018 edited

I just tried to import Amderstun sector with CC+

It breaks off after two messages.
    First being
    "No definition exists for: Atmosphere_V
    And immediately afterwards
    Campaign Cartographer 3 does not understand the command:

Like I said... I have CC+ (incl. COS)
      Error.png
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf
    • CommentTimeMar 17th 2018

Atmosphere V is apparently that we missed when designing the Traveller Sector Import. Since it crops up only now, it seems to be extremely rare in the sector data. Does anyone know what it stands for, in the Traveller UWP data?

To fix this yourself, do the following:
    - Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus\System\Traveller\Symbols and open the catalog file Traveller.FSC in CC3+
    - Open the Symbol Manager and clone any of the Atmosphere symbols, naming it Atmosphere_V
    - Do the same to one of the Water_Planet symbols, naming it Planet_Water_V (this will crop up as an error if you only create the Atmosphere symbols).

And there you go, the sector should import correctly now.

Ciao,
    Ralf
    • CommentAuthorDenalor
    • CommentTimeMar 18th 2018

Perfect !
    Thanks
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2018

In Classic Traveller, Atmosphere goes from 0 through C, no V. So the V is likely 5th edition Traveller which I don't have.

Digit Description
    0 No atmosphere.
    1 Trace.
    2 Very thin, tainted.
    3 Very thin.
    4 Thin, tainted.
    5 Thin.
    6 Standard.
    7 Standard, tainted.
    8 Dense.
    9 Dense, tainted.
    A Exotic.
    B Corrosive.
    C Insidious.
    • CommentAuthorpvernon
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2018

I have T5, and will look it up after tonight's game. Will post tomorrow, USA Mountain time.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf
    • CommentTimeMar 20th 2018

Or it is just an error in that sector's data, as the Traveller wiki doesn't list a V for atmosphere.

The culprit is the world Rainbow Sun.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Yep, that world seems to be bugged. Note that on the Traveller map site, that is the only planet you cannot click on to get information on it, the infobox simply doesn't load the data. And you can search for it, but again, the infobox doesn't display the data.
    • CommentAuthortaustinoc

This is sounding more and more like an adventure seed. The mysterious world that nobody knows anything about, and all the official databases are . . . mysteriously empty.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Posted By: taustinocThis is sounding more and more like an adventure seed. The mysterious world that nobody knows anything about, and all the official databases are . . . mysteriously empty.

Sounds like a good idea. I came up with several additional government types for my ATU. ( Alternate Traveller Universe)

I also moved my Starship Wanderer, bussard ramjet starship, to my Traveller site. Cubic miles in size. Why you could park the Starship Enterprise in the docking bay. :-)