Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2017

This is the map I chose for the Volcanic islands style. A very beginning, but comments please.
      Three Wizards Isles.PNG
    • CommentAuthorJensen

Cool style! Is the sea also from it? Curious how this will continue. Some riffs would maybe be interesting?
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

So far, all from that annual
    • CommentAuthorShessar

I'm curious to see what all you do with this. I've never seen anyone use this style except for the original competition that it came from.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2017 edited

Here is the Island of Death - the others will be..Doom, and, wait for it......Destruction!
      Three Wizards Isles2.PNG
    • CommentAuthorJensen
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2017

Mountain, cliffs and tower are pretty awesome! Great work! The texture of the land (farmland?) looks a bit like a pixel-salat, does it happen while rendering? I had the same problem with some fill styles.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2017 edited

That pixelation usually stems from the fill style resolution in the map being wrong. To fix it, first run the FFIX command in the map to make sure all paths are correct, as paths using the old #-references doesn't work properly with the multi-resolution system, it is important that they all start with the @-reference instead (which FFIX will fix for you), then go into display speed settings and hit the fill style resolution button. The Volcanic Island should have the values 6, 2.4, 0.6, 0,12, but this may sometimes need to be adjusted furter if you have imported other fill styles, if so, start by trying to halve the values.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2017

Thanks, Remy. will get onto it (tomorrow)
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeDec 13th 2017

Worked like a dream, thanks Remy.
    • CommentAuthorShessar

Cool map Quenten, but I must confess that I feel that the DAZ3D/Poser figures really clash with the hand painted nature of the map style. But of course, it's your map so do what makes you happy. :)
    • CommentAuthorLadieStorm

that's looking really good so far! What annual is that from? I've never seen this style before!
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2017

Issues CA 88 Volcanic Islands, Ladiestorm.
    Sheassar, I see what you are getting at, but I confess I rather like them there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2017 edited

My latest offering. Some text labels to go. What do you think about the need for a frame? (I hate doing them, as I am not very good at it!)
    I think I have fixed the forest fill, and the intensity of the figures (representing the defeated Lady Fays, and the Dread Wizards of the Three Isles).
      Three Wizards Isles3.PNG
    • CommentAuthorJensen
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2017

I like story-telling maps and I like this map too. For me the figures are fine now! And I don‘t miss the frame. Cool map!
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Here is the finished product - and there is a frame after all.
      Three Wizards Isles4.PNG
    • CommentAuthorShessar

I like the smaller figures much better. ;)

I also really like that you used the ocean fill for the frame. It frames the map without dominating the image. Perfect map!
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

The final version which I have just submitted to Remy Monsen. I added some stars (the dark ones representing the three dread wizards, the three light ones representing the Lady Fays - and I just HAD to use pink for one - my wife's favourite colour.
      Three Wizards Isles5.PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2017

Number of wizards in the atlas now increased by three. Thanks Quenten.

The Three Wizards
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Remy, how many wizards were there before? I can only get 1 (Jim's one in Forlorn Isles).
    • CommentAuthorLadieStorm

I like the way this map turned out, Quenten!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

No idea, I don't keep count. I only know there are three more now than before :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

LOL
    • CommentAuthorWyvern
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2017

Another delightfully excellent effort Quenten! The frame's ideal.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2017

Thanks Wyvern.