Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTime6 days ago

Here is the very beginning of my attempt at the Port Digby Region in Nga Whenuatoto. Helpful comments please (and of course carping, un-Christmas-like slights are also welcome!). I have used Annual Issue 76 - Volcanic Island. Forest details etc to come. Anyone have a nice pirate ship for me!
      Port Digby.PNG
    Great start! The style you chose works really well for the subject. Do you have the symbols on the same sheet as the text? They seem to have the same glow affect and appear blurry. I agree, I would definitely look for a non-stop down ship image.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTime6 days ago

Settlements are on a different sheet, and I must admit they don't appear blurry to me, but I will relook at this. Hope you can help with the pirate ship.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTime5 days ago edited

I have changed to Midgard, and Mike Schley symbols (but used like Tonnichiwa has in his cities - thanks Tony for that inspiration). Names of all decent sized settlements, the the bay and river done. I need to develop the area in the mountains at the SE more, add a few lairs, and someone - please help me find a skull and crossbones, and preferably a pirate ship as well. Comments on progress so far please. PS: no idea how my random name generator came up with Karl Wayne Robber, still, there it is!
      Port Digby2.PNG
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    • CommentTime5 days ago

This looks really good Quenten. This is definitely one of those times when the map style fits the area. Nice!
    Coming along very nicely! :-)
    • CommentAuthorWyvern
    • CommentTime4 days ago

DD3 has a skull and two separate long bone symbols you could compile as a skull and crossbones (look under "Debris"). SS3 has a line-drawn skull and crossbones, including a varicolour version, and ones inside a varicolour triangle, diamond and octagon (look under "Hazard Symbols" via Symbols > Modern > Floorplans). There may be others I've missed.

For the pirate ship, maybe any varicolour ship symbol would work where you can convert the sails to black?
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTime4 days ago

Wyvern, you are wonderful. Thanks. eagerly looking forward to your map(s) for the Atlas. No pressure (added for Monsen's benefit)
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTime3 days ago

Nice map Q! I especially like the way you did the cities/towns. Another great contribution!
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTime3 days ago

Wyvern, I have just looked where you said, and it has worked very well. Thanks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTime3 days ago

More or less finished. Off to Monsen in 2 days unless there are suggestions/corrections etc. Don't be shy, we will only get a better map.
      Port Digby3.PNG
    • CommentAuthorWyvern
    • CommentTime3 days ago

Glad I could help a little Quenten. As mentioned before though, I'm not currently able to create any actual map contributions for the Atlas, sadly.

For the Port Digby map, I'm not sure about the skull and crossbones under the large "Port Digby" title label at the lower right; it doesn't seem to be doing either feature any favours at present. Partly too, it also distracts from that lovely Hari Haka symbol-text combination towards the opposite corner - and both on the map might be confusing as to which is the real title, perhaps?
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTime3 days ago

Thanks for that critique, Wyvern. I'm not sure either, but I'll wait and see what others say.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTime2 days ago

I agree with Wyvern on the skull and crossbones ^^
    I think I would use only one of the skulls as well. But, the skull and crossbones looks more crisp to me. Great work!
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTime1 day ago

Here is my, hopefully, final version. As usual 48 hours will elapse before sending to Remy Monsen
      Port Digby4.PNG
    Where did the crouching figure come from?
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTime1 day ago

CSUAC2.0, Humans. "Deassassin". Do you like it? Are the flags OK? Not too big or vibrant?
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTime1 day ago

Just realized I have a few more text label - a few forests, mountains and of course the big island
    Cool stuff, I have not seen the figure before. ;-)