Joe Sweeney's Tile maker

Joe Sweeney has produced a very neat macro and teaching video clip to go wwith it on his Storyweaver Website.
https://www.storyweaver.com/master-mapping-class-index.html
It is great, and by changing the macro to values of the size of your grid in map unites, you can get great tiles. For my Myirandios world, I divided it into 25x13 tiles of 1600 map units each at 2400 resolution, and got fantastic results. I will be using the following 3 for my next mapping of subsections of Myirandios, so eventually, I can have all the world in detail using these tiles. (only 325 maps!!!!)

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Nice.
    His macro is somewhat similar to the Large Exports annual from 2017, but his scripts are focused on making multiple exports in a specific scale, while mine are intended to let the user specify an arbitrary number of tiles to build a hi-res output, but the operation of the macros themselves are quite similar.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited December 2017
    Yeah. Joe's macros are focused on making tiles for battle maps but, clearly, they can be adjusted to save city and overland maps in sections.
  • I have written a small amendment, allowing tiles of any size to be outputted. Working on any resolution now. It is quite a small macro, and lightning fast (at resolutions of 400 or 2400 png so far. Sure, it is not as sophisticated as large Maps Export, and it doesn't stitch the maps back together. But for my purposes, it did the trick brilliantly.