How to make all symbols available at once....?

I just bought the CC3+, CD3 and DD3.

I noticed when I start making a map, it asks me to choose styles, which limits my selection of symbols.

Is there a wide open or sandbox mode that allows me to use ALL the symbols from the different sets I have purchased???

Or is there something I have to do to import or unlock them?

Thanks for any help

Comments

• It's not possible to my knowledge to show everything at the same time.

Mixing symbols from different styles is a bit of an art-form when you are starting out as not all symbols work together.

Above the symbol panel is two buttons. The green one of the left will show all of the symbols that are in use or have been used in your map so far. The open folder one will open the folder allowing you to browse the folder structure to find other symbol catalogs.

Personally I opened every single catalog and screen-shotted them and put them into a OneNote. This lets me browse them all, identify the folder they are in and then quickly find and use the symbol i want.
  • When I come up with a standard village for a particular nation on my game planet, I save those symbols using the Symbol Manager under the Symbol menu. That way I can load the same symbols every time I do a village in that game nation. Same idea for nations, cities, dungeons, etc.

CC3/CC3Plus will want to save them to the same folder as the map, so you will need to browse to the Symbols folder and save them under the appropriate folder there.