Issue with Annual 129, Large Exports

Hello,

I have an issue whith Annual 129. I followed the steps in the manual and everything runs fine until `Step 3`. After finishing all the tiles the program stops, leaving a COMMAND [RUNAPP]: in the commando line from CC3+.
The `tile.cmd`is in the Annual folder. What is my mistake?

Thanks and Regards, Jensen

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited November 2017
    Is the tilestart.cmd file found in your CC3Plus installation directory (c:\program files (x86)\ProFantasy\Cc3Plus)?

Also, did you install ImageMagic (and let it be added to your path [option in the installer] and restart CC3+ afterwards)? Without imagemagic (or imagemagic not added to the path), the second part just errors out, and finishes real quick. You can see if this is the case if the tile images are stored in the @TileExport folder or not. If they are missing, it indicates that the script ran successful, but the imagemagic stitching part failed, or if they still are there, then the script wasn't called.

Should the tiles be missing (indicating that the script ran), and you are sure imagemagic was installed correctly, you can edit tile.cmd and add the line
    pause
    at the end of the file and save it. This causes the window to stay open so you can ready any error message (and post it here).
  • Hi Monsen,

the tiles are in the TileExport folder, I installed imagemagic. But I have no tilestart.cmd on my computer, only the tile.cmd.
    Weird, the installer should install the tilestart.cmd file in your CC3+ installation folder.

Can you try re-running the installer, making sure to right click it and selecting 'run as administrator', and see if it installs this file.

Should you not get it installed, you can also simply create it yourself, the three lines needed in this file are found on page 16 on the CA129 mapping guide. (The lines are wrapped to fit in the guide, but there should be no linebreaks inside the lines). The file itself is just a plain text file (use notepad to write it) named tilestart.cmd and located in c:\Program Files (x86)\ProFantasy\CC3Plus\.
  • edited November 2017
    I reinstalled the annual, now there is tilestart.cmd. I also reinstalled imagemagic. But there is still the same outcome: The tiles are in the folder and nothing else happens. I added pause in the tile.cmd but the script don't stayes open.
    edited November 2017
    I just realized something. Is your CC3+ data directory perhaps on d: or e: or any other drive NOT on the same drive as the CC3+ installation. If this is a case, I realized there is a tiny bug here.
  • edited November 2017
    yep, Data Directory is in D:
    edited November 2017
    Replace your tilestart.cmd with the attached version (unzip it first). It should now correctly switch drives.
  • You are awesome! Now it works.
    Thanks a lot and kind regards
    Jensen
    Great.

Note that if you had tile files remaining in your TileExport directory, you should manually remove them before starting a new export, especially if there are more files than the new export generates, as the stitching script won't know the difference, and will generate a very weird output in that case. Normally, the script cleans up itself at the end, but since yours wasn't running properly, it didn't clean either.
  • done. All cleaned up. My PC now already is groaning because now I can make the BIG pictures :-)
    You can make some nasty big exports with that script. Just be careful in regards to what effects you use, not all effects lend themselves well to this tiling unfortunately, you'll find some info regarding it in the ca129 guide. And have patience, I often have to let the computer work overnight on this (and I have a fast computer), such as on my 5 Gigapixel Snowport map
  • edited November 2017
    The Snowport City Map is impressive, that will be great fun to play there and zoom in. Do you plan to put other objects (people, markets, trees etc) into?

My first try of this annual is a WIP i do at the moment. It's a map for my daughter, she is 5, since nearly one year we tell her stories from middle earth. The maps from the books don't work for her - to much text, symbols too abstract. So i started to make a kids-map of middle-eart for her :-).
    My plan is to print it out large and put it onto the wall in her room, so I was looking much forward to the possibilities of this annual.
    Here is a download link to my first shot with large exports (only 77 MB, very tiny compared to your city, lol, but it showed me, what is possible). The map is WIP, I think I have done half the way (e.g. the arctic waste is not good at the moment etc.).

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ak-JjeRFvmSPoy1rzgt3w5yeEaae

don't use the one-drive viewer, download it.

Thanks again for your quick response and help!
    edited November 2017
    It's a map for my daughter, she is 5, since nearly one year we tell her stories from middle earth.
    I approve. May I have a copy of the map when you are done? I know a 6-year old with a very Tolkien-loving mother. I am sure she would appreciate such a map.

You seem to be off on a good start. You're German, I assume?

As for the Snowport map, I don't have any immediate plans on doing anything else to it. It is primarily a city map, although this high resolution export do indeed provide possibilities on adding more details. I'm always a bit cautious when adding too much detail though, since it tends to clutter the map when you look at it in zoomed out view.
  • Of course I can share it with you and (yes, I am German) of course I can change the map title to another language. Other text won't come onto the map, only big symbols for kids eyes :-).
    Great. Looking forward to it.