Character Artist - Symbol position

Hy there,

I just bought Character Artist and when playing around with it, I stumpled upon this:

When I select Ears (e.g.) they appear a defined height over the Cursor/Cross (I know this is the predefined position for make it easy to place Ears and Noses etc. where they belong to).
But I wonder where/if I can disable this and make the Symbol appear on the middle of the Cursor/Cross.
Why I want to do this, is because often, when I zoom into the Face to get a detailed view, the cursor is out of the window and placing the Ears or Nose free, without the Snap turned on, is not easy or nearly impossible.

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• You can turn on the grid and snap, which will place them where they are preset to be. But, I could not find out how to adjust the cursor; although, I am sure there is a way. :-)
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    The cursor is always placed at the origin of the symbol (The 0,0 coordiante of the symbol). To move that, you would need to edit the symbol itself, and change it's origin.

As a workaround, you can always open up the folder with the .png files instead of the symbol catalog. These can be used just as a symbol catalog, but they don't have any of the properties of the symbols (which mans you must also manage sheet/, ayer and scaling)
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited November 2017
    Just to add, it should almost go without saying, if you plan to edit the symbol (which you can do via Symbols>Symbol Manager), be sure to duplicate the symbol and edit the duplicate. Or, before you open CC3, copy the symbol catalog so, if you edit anything in the original symbol catalog and something goes wrong, you can easily restore it.