Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2017 edited

I came across this site on the CC3 Facebook Fan page. It draws wonderful plands for medieval cities, that can be used as a template for mapping in CC3, I certainly will do so (both for the Atlas and my world of Myirandios). It is the Medieval Fantasy City Generator by watabou, and their web page is :
    https://watabou.itch.io/medieval-fantasy-city-generator
    Below are pictures of a small, medium and large town. You can customize for river, sea, tower shapes, wall, citadel, shanty-town, even individual houses, as well as actual size of town.
      small (16).png
      medium (9a).png
      large (17a).png
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2017

I'm terrible at city design... I'll look at this.
    • CommentAuthorWyvern
    • CommentTimeNov 24th 2017

This is indeed an impressive tool. If you press and hold the spacebar, you also get an overlay of area types - Docks, Craftsmen, Merchants, Castle, Market, Farm, etc. That won't download on an export presently (though from the discussions on the page, that looks to be a feature for the near future). However, if you do a simple "Save image as..." export using the usual right mouse button options list, while holding down the spacebar, you CAN download the image with the ward names in place now. I like the way too it will generate anything from small villages upwards in size. Plus it allows you to set up any one of a variety of colour schemes for the base map, which is really helpful if you like a reminder that blue = water say, or if you're colour-blind.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2017 edited

I have spent a little less than 3 hours on this city - normally would take three times to get this far. I have used the template below (a small city with no coast and no shanty town) with the Jon Roberts city style. Don't know where the name came from though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2017 edited

Very nice!

And, you know, that name seems familiar but I can't place it either.  ;)

Looks real good, Quenten. I especially like how you made the manor. Are you going to put anything in the center of the square? Jon Roberts' styles are great.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeNov 25th 2017

This is only a rough draft. I will work on it, and voila, another town for the Atlas (and my world of Myirandios)
    • CommentAuthorScottA
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2017

This is a great tool! If ProFantasy could work a deal with the creator and make it CC3+ compatible (produce CD3 buildings, etc.) this would make an amazing annual or even a separate CD3+ add-on purchase.
    • CommentAuthorBarliman

Wow. I'm impressed with the quality of map one can develop with this tool.
    • CommentAuthorShessar

This is a great find.

I wouldn't use it for every city, or they will all look too much alike in layout because it doesn't take terrain into account. However, the tool on it's own is going to be a life saver for me on those game nights when I need a city and have no time for doing one in CD3.

Wonderful stuff!
    • CommentAuthorcrb31
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2017

Thanks for sharing- could you explain a little of your process in doing this- i.e.:
    Get map from the generator
    create new file in CD+ with the Jon Roberts style
    import?? trace??
    Thanks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2017

Can't trace an image,so I import as an image, and then draw over it using the style chosen.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2017

Here is a 'final' version of the bustling, very prosperous, ever so happy, totally fun and architecturally stunning .... MONSEIN CITY!!!
      Small City.PNG
    • CommentAuthorScottA

Good stuff!
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

I would like to place the city in the Galahais region of Doriant - can you please let me know if there are objections etc
      Continent D (Doriant) Hadrian Galahais COMPLETED SMALL.png
    • CommentAuthorWyvern
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2017

What strikes me as most interesting about this brilliant construction is how many of us would have set-up the buildings on such slightly off-axis alignments without the original random design?
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2017

I will submit this to Monsen in 24 hours, barring final suggestions
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTime7 days ago

Monsein Town with the Inn of the Tagged Dogs has now been submitted to include in the Atlas in the Galahais region. Any similarity to names of Remy Monsen and Dogtag are purely coincidental - isn't the universe a funny thing!