Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2017 edited
    So I have been busy doing a private commission, some writing, and most recently the freakin' flu. I will be working on another Pelgrane Press commission throughout the month so personal mapping isn't happening. BUT......I wanted to share my homebrew world with you - Here is Forynth, a continent in the southern hemisphere of the planet Namari. My first map was literally my first map. I followed a tutorial on YouTube and used PS to make it. Oh, gads, it's terrible! Well, as my world changed and developed while creating the current campaign I have been running the past few years, so has my mapping skills :)

I ask forgiveness in advance for the rivers - ..... - and as my players haven't been anywhere but Vane and Am-Tarsha (briefly) I have been making adjustments on them little by little :)
      a Forynth original map small.png
      b Forynth small.png
      c Forynth Master Map small.png
      d Forynth Master Map new fills small.png
    • CommentAuthorLadieStorm
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2017
    I love the progression Lorelei! I am really liking the way you are mixing styles! I never thought to blend Herman Weilink and Mike Schley together! That's really cool! Nicely, Nicely done!
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    Thanks Storm!! Actually, though, there aren't any Herman Weilink fills in this map, and very few symbols (only some towns and cities) - i'm actually not particularly fond of that style. I've used a lot of the fills from "Here Be Monsters" Annual and a few from Schley and Ancient Realms - I've just applied some different effects to give it the look it's got and LOTS and LOTS of sheets over each other with transparencies....took me a while to get this last look, which I think i'm going to stick with :)
    • CommentAuthorJimP
    I make maps, you make artwork.
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    I love seeing a map progress through time like this. I have a similar set of maps for my original campaign world that starts with a hand drawn map, then CC2, then CC3, then with several annuals.

I love all four of your maps, each for different reasons. As Jim said, true artwork!
    Ditto here - see my Al'ayn topic on this forum
    • CommentAuthorBarliman
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2017
    Really interesting to see the progression of your maps, and your skill. Gives hope to the rest of us. :)