Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorScottA
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2017

I was inspired to do a drow mushroom farm for the next CG Lite Challenge. I like doing the offbeat and the unusual. Anyway, early days, but I got a big chunk done. I know fills need adjusting, and the water isn't finished.
      Drow Farm.JPG
    • CommentAuthorScottA
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2017

...oh, and I've got those darn triangles around the bevels. I remember seeing a discussion on how to get rid of them somewhere, but any tips are appreciated, as always.
    • CommentAuthorjslayton
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2017

Use the Bevel, Lighted filter instead of Bevel. The Bevel filter is generally only correct for rectangular elements, although it give a nice calligraphic look in some cases. The Lighted Bevel filter generates a correctly-lit result in all cases.
    • CommentAuthorScottA

Ah! Okay, thanks.
    • CommentAuthorScottA

Hm... well, I've changed out the Bevel for Bevel, Lighted. The little triangles are gone but now I have all these pits. Its supposed to be tiers of three rock layers. The one in the middle seems the worst and the bottom one has the least divets. Solution? Or can I not layer beveled images at all? I do have an idea to try to cover these image zits, but it would be easier if there was just some adjustment to the filter setting that would get rid of them....
      Image Pits.JPG
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

This happens because the color value of a pixel in the rendered sheet matches that of a pixel on the previous sheet (This is how the filter does edge detection). To get rid of it, sandwich a solid color entity in a completely different color on it's own sheet between the ones with bevels.
    • CommentAuthorScottA

Ah. Clever! I'll give that a try. Thanks so much. I learn something new, useful, AND interesting here every day!
    • CommentAuthorScottA
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2017

The latest iteration of my drow mushroom plantation.
      Drow Mushroom Plantation.JPG