Switching style of Ocean and Massland

Hi everyone,

I starting to have a good hand on the software and design nice maps.

I have a detailled map now with the Mike Schley style. But I would to see how my map look if I use the landmass and Ocean of the Herwin Wielink style.

Could you tell me if it's possible to change the landmass and ocean style (and keeping all the rest the same way) ?

Thank you.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    First, import the Wielink bitmap fill styles into your map. This can most easily be done by using Draw -> Insert file, and insert a wielink style map. Don't actually place the inserted map into your map though, once you have it at your cursor, just hit esc, as the fill styles will already have been inserted.

Now, you can simply use change properties on the entities and change the fill style to the appropriate Wielink fill styles, or you can use the Change like draw tool command to change the style into an appropriate Wielink draw tool style (remember, you need to chaneg the draw tool set in the dropdown to access the Wielink tools if doing this, by default it will show the normal tools for your current map style.
  • A big thank you.

I will try this manipulation tonight (if I understand everything you said correctly).