Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorjason o
    • CommentTimeNov 18th 2017

Hello,

I though I would share a map I have been working on since 2008. I have decided to redo it in the recent annual parchment style. Here it is so far.

Jason
      animia prime small.png
    • CommentAuthorScottA

It's fantastic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

Looking great. One might argue that the symbols are perhaps a tad to small, they are a bit difficult to make out, but overall, the map looks really nice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Stunning
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag

Agreed, this is beautiful so far. I, too, plan to map my game world in this style. You know, when the netherworld l freezes over I manage to find some time.

I love pretty much everything about this map. What is the scale?

Looking forward to more!
    ~Dogtag
    • CommentAuthorShessar

Beautiful land masses, rivers are perfect. This is a fantastic map. Did you draw the land masses by hand or are the generated by FT3 or some other software?
    • CommentAuthorBarliman
    • CommentTimeNov 20th 2017

It's a lovely map. I assume these are continent-sized landmasses?
    Nice!
    • CommentAuthorModric
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2017

I was going to post to post my Parchment Map project until I saw this one!
    • CommentAuthorjason o
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2017

Thank you for your kind comments. This map was based on a Fractal Terrains generation in which I first traced over and then heavily modified the coastline. I did a lot of work on it many years ago but barely touched it the last five years. I then saw what could be done with the new Annual parchment style and decided I could reinvent my old map in the new style.

The original is 12000 by 7500 pixels and is meant to be the continental land masses for a half a hemisphere. I reduced the original quite a bit to display it here. My next steps are to label the physical features and then start work on the cities and nations.