Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorEOTB
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2017
    Is it both technically possible and otherwise permissible to use the symbols in my CC/DD programs as tokens in Roll20?

Rather than putting all the detail on to the map while creating it in DD it seems to me it would be better to keep the actual map bare-bones, and make anything that could possibly be moved or manipulated by players (chairs, chests, rugs, etc.) a token. If it's OK to use the symbols for that purpose, would I just copy them into Roll20?
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2017 edited
    I use them all the time for my maps rather than buy tokens on Roll20 - as long as you are not selling the symbols, there shouldn't be an issue. Just upload them into your Roll20 library one at a time. I also use the symbols to make tokens in PS as seen in the attachment (I like the round tokens as they are easier to see on some of my maps which have lots of floor textures making some of the small symbols difficult to see)
    • CommentAuthorEOTB
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2017
    OK, thanks - it seems to work pretty well. It's for personal use, not commercial.

Takes more time to add the final touches than it would in DD, but more flexible afterwards.
    As long as they are for personal use, you have a license, and you are not giving access to the symbols to anyone else (eg by letting them log in to your account), it's OK. Obviously, roll20 may need to cache symbols locally on players' computers - that's fine.