Maps from Fractal Terrains to CC3

So I am new to use Fractal Terrains and I created a world I like. I have been playing around with exporting and I found a way to zoom in on what I want and exporting the view. I exported with coastlines only so that I am free to create things the way I want. Once I open the new map there is no map border and I cant see the scale things are set at. How do I add a map border and see the current scale.

Comments

• Josh.P.Josh.P. Traveler
    edited November 2017
    This is all done through your export options. I'm at work so I can't get specifics but in the file menu you can see different options for exporting to CC3+. You want to have a play in those.

Note: I had to run FT3 as an admin to change the options. I was making all sorts of changes but nothing was actually working as the program didn't have permission to save the changes.

Sub-Note: There's quite a few of us playing with FT3 within the FB Group. Might find some help there also: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1830466227284189/
  • edited November 2017
    Thanks so I need to make a custom one in order to get that setup? Is is something you can do after the fact? What about checking the current scale setting? I found ways to change it but not check it

I will take a look at the FB group, thanks!

Also daplunk, are you on every RPG forum out there? LOL
  • I would absolutely recommend making a copy of one and then changing that. Just so you preserve a copy of the original export options in case you want them later.

Yes haha good to see you again ;)
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    To find your current scale, you can always measure your map with the Distance tool (from the info menu). Be aware that if FT3 placed a scale bar in your map, it may be wrong, but the distances measuerd with the distance tool are correct. FTP outputs a correctly scaled map, but sometimes fail to correctly scale the scalebar.

For map border and all that stuff, I recommend just creating a new map in CC3+ in the style you want, and then copy over the exported coastlines from the FT3 export to that map. The FT3 export is rather basic, and doesn't look like any of the beautiful styles you can use in CC3+. You can then use Change Like Draw Tool on the imported coastline to turn it into the style of the map template you used.