Comments

• Nice map! I would suggest, however, easing up a bit on the ocean/sea contours....maybe a larger edge fade and more importantly increasing the transparency so they flow together more naturally? Right now it's a bit hard to imagine as they are all very different shades and have such hard stops between them.
  • LoopysueLoopysue ProFantasy 🖼️ 39 images Cartographer
    Nice looking map :)

I agree with what Lorelei said about the ocean contours. I think the bright blue one is really quite distracting from the rest of the map.

The map itself is well put together, though I see you have two rivers flowing out of Lake Krieto, which in effect links the rivers from coast to coast.

If you snip that southern river (I can't read the name properly at this resolution, sorry) so that it no longer flows out of the lake, but rises of itself a bit further south, that would make more sense of the topography. In nature, if a lake does have more than one river draining it, pretty soon the one with the greater flow will cut deeper and faster than the other, and by cutting down into the land will end up being the only river draining the lake :)

You also have a split river. Although these do occur in the real world (apart from on deltas and in marshes), there are only two in existence that I know of, and one of them has been deliberately split by man.

All this is just information, by the way, since in a fantasy map - anything goes :)
  • I really, really like it. Really! And it's in my favorite style! Do agree with my fellow forumites, however, about the need for some edge fade and lower opacity on the fills, especially the ocean. With that, I think you would have an absolutely gorgeous map.
  • Agree with Lorelai and Loopysue, but this is just terrific, and I look forward to further installments from Ruvor (I see on FB you are doing it all square by square - what an undertaking!)