Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    While checking my downloads for the Dundjinni Archives that I somehow never installed, I came across a cc3 setup.exe that I don't recognize. It's called Mam_Dark Fantasy. I must have downloaded it during an update, or maybe when I was downloading free examples, or something? Anyone know what this is?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2017 edited

It's a "dark fantasy" CC3 vector symbol set by Ralf that matches the "Fantasy Color" vector style from SS1 (Fantasy Overland). There are three catalogs: Mountains, Structures and Vegetation. The installer saves the symbol catalogs so they integrate into that style, so you can easily load them by clicking the appropriate catalog button.

It's a CC3 symbol set so it won't install to the CC3+ locations and the symbol catalogs won't integrate properly with the catalog buttons in CC3+ because CC3 uses a different method for catalog filters. But the symbols themselves will work just fine in CC3+ if you load them manually. You can install them and then just copy them from the CC3 location to your CC3+ data folder. Check out this forum topic for more info. Be sure to read it all — it starts in 2011 but the last few posts are from 2016, including one from someone I believe you know well.  ;)  :D

I hope that helps,
    ~Dogtag
    lol, all right I will give it a look :)
    Okay, here's a better question. I don't have cc3, only cc3+. This exe is for cc3. What will happen if I run a cc3 executable on cc3+? I know it won't install properly, but exactly what will happen? I want to be able to use these symbols, but I don't have a zipped symbol folder than I can extract... I have set up exe. So if I run this exe, what will it do?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2017

Most probably, it will complain that it didn't find CC3, and refuse to install.

But you have the CC3+ Tome, don't you? These symbols are actually distributed with it, should be in @Symbols\Maps\SS1\Fantasy\Color\DF*.FSC;
    which means I already have them :). Thanks for the heads up Remy :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2017

Posted By: MonsenBut you have the CC3+ Tome, don't you? These symbols are actually distributed with it, should be in @Symbols\Maps\SS1\Fantasy\Color\DF*.FSC;
    Well, shucks!