Nov 2017 Cartographer's Annual Issue 131 - Red Xs

Just downloaded and installed this issue, but despite having both DD3 and CD3 installed and functional, I'm getting at least one Red X on all three of the sample maps in CC3+. From page 1 of the PDF mapping guide with this issue, this shouldn't be happening, as the only add-ons mentioned as required are DD3 and CD3. Looking at the PDF and JPG versions of the maps though in comparison, I suspect some of the items may be from other sources, as I don't recognise the items - I don't currently have the Vintyri or CSUAC items installed, for example. That may suggest the mapping guide needs amending to indicate which other items need to be installed for CC3+ use.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    The maps uses elements from CSUAC 2 (and possibly Bogie's Mapping objects). These resources are discussed in the manual, but unfortunately not listed directly as required products for the example maps.
  • Ah, thanks Monsen. I'd not have guessed that from what's said in the CA131 mapping guide. I still think that guide could be updated to better reflect what's needed to view the sample maps though, especially given the CA is permanently available via ProFantasy, whereas these add-ons aren't, and - given some of the common queries newcomers to the CC software generally have especially - such clarity is important. The current description could lead folks to think there's a problem with their CD3 and/or DD3 installation otherwise.