Copying Sheet Effects from one map to another

Im having trouble reproducing the same sheet effects on multiple maps. Do you just save the sheet effects to a name then click on it in the dropdown in your new map? No "Load" option necessary?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Correct. Once you chose something in that list, the effects are immediately applied, replacing the ones already there.

You can also copy individual effects sheet by sheet by selecting them and hitting the 'Copy' button in the same dialog, and then pasting them into a sheet in the destination drawing.
  • jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    To add a bit to Monsen's suggestion, you can use the copy and paste for sheet effects to build a library of effects that are separate from any drawing. This happens because the clipboard format for effects is simple text. If you select as many effects as you want for a single sheet, then click copy, then open Notepad or similar text editor, you can paste the effects information directly into the text editor and save the file to disk. When you want to reload those effects, just open the file that you saved previously, select all of the text, and then use the Paste button in the Effects dialog in CC3+ to paste those effects into the new situation. It's a bit like having a very long delay between the copy and the paste. You can keep a set of effects that you like without having to keep the original drawing around (don't get me wrong, context is great, but I have drawings that I just need to forget that I ever worked on...)