Patros Region Map

Hey everyone!

Just finished working on a map for my campaign. I used the Herwin Wielink Overland style and it was a real blast. Is there anything in your opinion I can improve? Also, Not sure what to do with the south-eastern edge of the map, any advice?

Thanks!

Link
Patros_HW_600_X480

Comments

• Well it's a bit small for my old eyes t make out the details....but from what i can see, it's really nice! No need to fill every place on the map - why not leave that space open for exploration....it is "unknown" perhaps....dangerous....mystical?
  • Posted By: LoreleiWell it's a bit small for my old eyes t make out the details....but from what i can see, it's really nice! No need to fill every place on the map - why not leave that space open for exploration....it is "unknown" perhaps....dangerous....mystical?
    I actually toyed with that idea, I think I might go for it.
    By the way, if you click the Link above the picture (or the picture itself) you can see a full resolution of the picture ^^
  • ScottAScottA Surveyor
    Really nice, and my favorite map style! If I had any suggestions it might be to maybe fade your fill edges and reduce the inner opacity just a little bit more so they blend more and don't look so sharply cut at the edges where they change. Really nice, though.
  • Very nice campaign map. I agree with ScottA about blending the terrain types a bit more, but it isn't necessary if you are happy with it. :)

The South East looks like grasslands, so maybe nomadic tribes, or great horse riders like Tolkein's Rohirrim.
  • Posted By: ScottAReally nice, and my favorite map style! If I had any suggestions it might be to maybe fade your fill edges and reduce the inner opacity just a little bit more so they blend more and don't look so sharply cut at the edges where they change. Really nice, though.
    I'm pretty new to these effects, we're talking about "Edge Fade, Inner" on the landscape fills? I can give it a shot ^^
  • ScottAScottA Surveyor
    edited October 2017
    Wow, this is an impressive map for someone new to the effects! Nice work. Yes, Edge Fade, Inner. Play around with it and see how you like it. At the end of the day, the only one you need to please is yourself. I was just making a friendly suggestion.
  • It's was a good suggestion! it looks much better now ^^

I'm now playing with the RGB Matrix effect to give it a Sepia feel before I print it. Though I don't like the original effect settings they suggest for Sepia, it makes my rivers almost invisible.