How to Hyperling a CD3 design in my Overland map?

So, I've created a CC3 overland map with a city named "Godin". I've used CD3 to detail "Godin". What I am wondering is if I can somehow link the CD3 file to the icon for "Godin" (or something else) on my overland map? If so, can someone please let me know how this is done?

If this is possible, I'd like to carry it one step further and link floorplans of buildings to the CD3 file of "Godin". Is it possible to have nested hyperlinks? If so, can someone point me to how this is done.

My goal is to have a somewhat interactive overland map where, as a GM, I can click on areas the PC's are exploring to bring up details on the area/city/ruins//dungeon/floorplan/GM notes/etc...

Cheers;
jrose

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    To link a spot on your overland map to the city map, just use Tools > Hyperlinks > Link with Map from the menu.

For a building you can also simply use the FLOORPLAN command in CD3 to create the basic layout of your building. It will automatically be linked with your city map and the floors among each other.

See CD3 essentials guide on Floorplans, and also check out the help entries on "Hyperlinking and Hotspots Overview" and "Floorplan".

If you have the Annual 2008, it has a full issue on creating interactively linked map collections. It's issue 17.

Hope that helps, Ralf
  • Ralf;

Thanks for this information. I'll do a little reading and give it a try.

Cheers;
    jrose