Pentaduke lives again....from CC-DOS manual

Hi all,

This is a very silly post, but.....I recently acquired another copy of the old CC-DOS (1.2) manual for nostalgia reasons, having had fond memories of working my way through it 20+ years ago. My own original copy is in a dusty storage crate somewhere about 500 miles away.

On a whim, when I had 30 mins free, I thought I'd see how easy it was to follow my favourite tutorial from that manual using CC3+ instead of CC-DOS. It was pretty easy! Behold the 5-point star of Pentaduke, god of usurpers and unholy war. I remember my young self loving the results of this simple tutorial, because I was not (and am not) particularly artistic, but I was blown away by how easy the various snap modifiers made it to draw precise geometrical shapes in CC that looked really good.

The only slightly tricky spots were using the CC3+ function key shortcuts instead of the CC-DOS ones (they've all been swapped around since then) and modifying the use of the CONNECT command to take into account all the extra border details that CC3+ has by default compared with CC-DOS (meaning that CONNECT, ALL, DO IT had undesired consequences). And the menus are all different. But apart from that, it was gratifying to see that the instructions still work in CC3+ all these decades later!

I might try some other tutorials from that manual next :-)