Perspectives Help

Hello everyone,

I purchased this product a few months ago and recently started messing around with Perspectives. Quite a wonderful tool to be sure. I've run into a snag with my first building, a tavern. You would think there is a png for a fireplace in this set, but alas, I can't find one at all.
I've looked and looked, even throught he resource pages and topics, but cant seem to find a single resource or kit to buy for perspectives that has a fireplace. Would anyone be able to point me int he right direction? I'd love to finish my fantasy tavern with a nice looking fireplace.

Thanks So much
Ken

Comments

• JimPJimP 🖼️ 280 images Cartographer
    edited October 2017
    Hmmm... all I can find in Annual 66 and Perspectives 3 are braziers, torches, and campfires.

I thought there are fireplaces somewhere for Per.

Anyone know where they are ?

edit: I looked in CSUAC2 and Bogie's tavern, etc. no fireplaces.
  • Ken,
    I was unable to find a fireplace as well while using perspectives. I made my own (first and second floors) by putting torches on the ground up against the wall and then building a box around them. The picture resolution isn't the greatest but it will give you some idea on how to create a fireplace. http://forum.profantasy.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=6529 . It is always interesting to see how everyone uses perspectives so please post a picture when done for the rest of us. I'm always learning from everyone else.
  • Maybe I could have done better, but it's a first. Have a look in the upper Inn corner.....
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Fireplace looks nice.

I'll recommend that you work a bit more on the ordering of your walls, you have some overlaps that ruin the illusion a bit. The SW and SE ends of the walls can generally be covered up by the meeting wall by using send to front/back on the appropriate entities, but the NW/NE ends are more reliant on ending in the exact right place. I also like to have holes in the walls where the interior doors are, although that is quite a bit more work though.