I imported a draw file to the wrong sheet...

I've gotten myself in a bit of a situation. I'm in CC3+ and using CC3 Mike Schley overland preset and I've finally gotten an outline of a map I'm tracing that I like, but I realized I inserted the map via Draw> Insert file on the standard Land sheet, instead of a trace one.

Now when I hide the Land sheet to hide the map I inserted (and thus the actual landmass i drew over top of it), I can still see the blue outline of the landmass shape I drew, but there's no green for the land.

Is there a way I can simply fill in the outline or do I have to basically start from scratch?

Comments

• DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited October 2017
    Hi GuardianSlant. Welcome to the ProFantasy Forum.

There are a couple of different things you can do. Here's one.

Try this:
    1. Open the Sheets and Effects dialog box and add a new sheet for your background image, such as BACKGROUND TRACE or something.
    2. Move the new sheet so it is at or near the top of the sheet list. This means CC3+ renders it first, so it's on the bottom of the rendered drawing.
    3. Make sure the new sheet is active and then hide all sheets. The new [empty] sheet is showing, but it has nothing on it, and all visible objects of the map should disappear.
    4. Show the Land sheet, too.
    5. Right-click the Change Properties [CC3 Button Image] button, and then select Move to Sheet from the pop-up menu.
    6. Click the edge of the background drawing to select it.
      The command line (at the bottom) should read, Select entities (1 picked):. If the number is higher than one, Press Esc and then try again, being careful to only select the background image.
    7. Right-click and select Do It from the pop=up menu.
      The Drawing Sheets dialog displays.
    8. Click the new sheet you added and then click OK.
    9. Open the Sheets and Effects dialog and click Show All
    This moves the background image you used to trace onto its own sheet. When you show all sheets, you should see the landmass you drew on the LAND sheet.

I hope that helps!
    ~Dogtag
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited October 2017
    Excellent! You're welcome, I'm glad I could help.  :D