Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorRaybrite
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2017

I am learning how to use CC3 and the problem is that I can make a river but when I try to place a fork in the river it always wants to start at the end of the last point of the river which is either the sea or the mountain where the river began. It seems to want to begin an addition to the end of the river instead of an alternate path for the flow of the water.
    How can I get it to begin at the point of the fork?
    • CommentAuthordaplunk

Turn off snap. The option is in the bottom right of the UI.
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI

Also, keep in mind that rivers only flow together but they do not split up. The only exception to that are river deltas that occur only at the end of the river, when they flow into the sea (or into a swamp, like the Okawango Delta).
    • CommentAuthortaustinoc

Posted By: HadrianVIAlso, keep in mind that rivers only flow together but they do not split up. The only exception to that are river deltas that occur only at the end of the river, when they flow into the sea (or into a swamp, like the Okawango Delta).

That isn't actually a universal truth. It's just very rare, and only happens naturally under certain conditions (deltas being the most common, but not only, one).

River Bifurcation on Wikipedia
    • CommentAuthorRaybrite
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2017

Thanks. That may have solved my problem.
    Thank you again.