(WIP) CG Sept/Oct Lite Mapping Challenge: Caverns of Chaos section 1

So I've joined another challenge at the guild, and this time we are doing a community challenge. We each have a section of the Caverns of Chaos, and we are remapping it. Because I've been on a 5 month forced vacation from mapping, I decided to enter the challenge, with one of the easier sections... section 1

Section 1 has two relatively small caverns that are not connected with each other. The first part is not connected with anything, and the second part connects to another section that someone else is mapping. This is the map that led to my trouble shooting thread about the program crashing when I minimalize the map window.

I'm basically using this challenge to refresh my memory of some of the more advanced uses for cc3+... I didn't realize how much I had forgotten how to do!

Anyway, this map is of a set of caverns that start in a valley, and go up a hillside (mountain side?) which means, once I remembered it, I get to use Shessar's cliff tutorial! I've used and tweaked her river tutorials so much I can almost do them in my sleep... but the cliffs, not so much :).

as always, questions, comments, suggestions are always welcome as I go through this process!

Comments