Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorTonnichiwa
    • CommentTimeSep 28th 2017

Hi everyone. I just wanted to let everybody know that today my computer completely died and I don't have any money to fix it. Because of this I will be taking an extended break. The only way I can get on the internet now is with my cell phone. So my youtube channel is also not going to be updated until I can find a way to get another computer. So I'll be reading the boards once in a while but that is probably all. See ya around the boards.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

That's truly terrible. Happened to me at end of 2016. and I hadn't backed up for 2 months! I hope you have, and hope you can get round the money problems. We will miss you.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalf

Ah, that's nasty. Very sorry to hear that, hope you get back up and ruhning not too far in the future. *goes to check his backups*
    • CommentAuthorTonnichiwa

Thanks guys. The computer decided to take a leap off of the porch and onto the concrete. I'm not sure when I'll be able to replace it.
    • CommentAuthorLorelei

Oh no!! Hope you get back up and running soon! Xmas time is coming - what a perfect time to ask for gift cards for a new laptop :)
    • CommentAuthorLoopysue

On top of what I've already said over at the Guild, Tony, don't throw away any of the bits. If you can't afford a new one, maybe you can part exchange any undamaged bits as part of the price, and reduce the price just a bit to bring it more within your reach.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

If you decide to try and get data off the hard drive, be careful as some external USB hard drive enclosures aren't for pulling the files off the hard drive. They partition and then format any hard drive put in them, they are used to run backup software with.
    Yes keep the hard drive. Heck even go to a friends house and try plug it in and see if it reads.
    Sorry to here about the computer. Maybe you can find a used one. :-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDogtag
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2017

I'm sorry to learn what happened. That's brutal. I'm sure you'll figure something out, though. Funbatteyo!

~Dogtag
    • CommentAuthortaustinoc
    • CommentTimeSep 29th 2017 edited

Posted By: CharlesWayneRobinsonSorry to here about the computer. Maybe you can find a used one. :-)

I can attest to the quality of factory refurbished Dells (we've bought quite a few at work, and never a problem). Laptops start under $200. Halfway decent (if small screened) laptops (for 32 bit machines), at least at the moment.

(But don't assume that the one you see today will still be there tomorrow. They do sell through fairly quickly.)

https://www.dellrefurbished.com/laptops
    • CommentAuthorBarliman
    • CommentTimeSep 30th 2017

Oh, man. That's rotten news. I hope you can get it replaced, soon. I was enjoying your videos.