[WIP] New map Golden Leaf

Here is what we started on guys. Really happy with how it's turning out. I know the stream still needs to go out to sea. How do I really make it stand out? Was going to add mountains by the moss too. Might need to expand the landmass some, if I can figure out how. Let me know what you think.

Comments

• DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited September 2017
    Two possible ways to make the stream stand out (these are not necessarily the only ways, either):
    1. Make sure it's on its own sheet and then add one or more effects to the sheet. Common river/stream effects include one or two glows, usually a small brownish-tan glow followed by a larger green glow, which give the impression of a dirt or sand bank within a lusher grassy area (thanks to the water).
    2. Add a narrow smooth polly of terrain, like grassland or farmland beneath and anlong the stream. This accomplishes much the same effect as the glow, though you can always combine the two options (effects and terrain). If you give the terrain sheet a nice soft edge fade, it can seem very natural around the stream.
    I hope that helps a little.

Thanks for sharing. I hope we'll see more as this progresses.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • edited September 2017
    I appreciate the kind words dogtag but I'll have to start this over. Scaling the map to make my landmass bigger failed to work. The effects fir the stream was not working. Copying to clipboard and pasting to a new map failed to work as well. Oh and did I mention the waterfall I found last night isn't in the options anymore. So yeah I'm beyond frustrated.
  • There are tons of symbols, especially if you have bought any expansions or symbol packs.

Don't hesitate to snoop around all the symbol sets.
    They have been set into similar groupings. Which is super helpful if you are working on a single aspect of your map.
    If you are working on a small project selecting ALL.FSC

Navigate around and see which sets you have.