Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    Hey, guys, first time user here! I just downloaded CC3+. CD3 and DD3. I plan on using these programs to really expand a fantasy world I created with my friend Eddie out of a book series. (Dragon's Awakening)

I am intrigued by perspective 3's premise of having 3D type images. Does this only pertain to dungeons or am I able to use this to give my cities and maps a more 3D feel? Thank you in advance and I can't wait to get more involved with the forums!

Mike
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2017

You can definitely make cities and such with Per3. The Source Maps: Cities product contains a bunch of cities mapped in Perspectives Pro (The previous version).
    • CommentAuthorGathar

Be aware that perspective 3 is not a 3D drawing program though. It contains tools that can draw 2D shapes that look like if they were 3D. You may have a look at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYRh2kIgCeU to gain a better idea of what the program looks like.
    Thank you guys for your help it's greatly appreciated. Can I give in a regular map with a valcano or a tunnel a 3D effect as an example?
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2017 edited

Welcome to the forums!

Just to give you some ideas on how Per3 can be used check out these threads:

Early release experimenting
    Tonnichiwa's City
    JimP's Dungeon combining Per3 and a couple of perspective style annuals
    Monestary setting
    • CommentAuthorJimP

I was going to mention that dungeon, but Shessar beat me to it.