layers and icons

How do I work with layers? I'd like to have cities on the top, roads second, all else third.

I'd also like to add these individual resource icons into the program, any way to do that?

Comments

• JimPJimP 🖼️ 280 images Cartographer
    edited September 2017
    Sheets, not layers, do that.

Symbols typically wind up in Symbols sheet.

When I draw roads, which should be above symbols in the sheet list, I make sure I have Roads sheet and roads layer selected.

I haven't added my own icons, so I don't know about that.
  • Thank you! I found the sheets button and I mostly understand it
  • In CC, those are going to be symbols. I know the Tome of Ultimate Mapping has a detailed section on how to create custom symbols, but I think the regular documentation has info on creating symbols as well. Check there and let us know if something is not clear.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    You can find good information about creating symbols in the CC3+ User Manual, starting on p. 75. If you create several individual PNG images from that one JPG (you'll need to crop and "Save As" each icon in a graphics program, like Photoshop, or even Paint), you can find some very helpful information about importing PNG files as symbols, starting on p. 76.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • A "cheap and cheerful" way to use those icons is:
    If the resource icons are individual graphic files (either in PNG format or you can covert them to PNG format) you can just put them in this folder here:
    C:\ProgramData\Profantasy\CC3Plus\Symbols\User
    and use the open symbol catalog button to navigate to them & load