Fill style/Bitmaps, all low quality now?

I went back to some maps I had worked on previously and noticed immediately that the maps with fill styles for floors/etc looked terrible. I noticed they were all VL (assume it means very low). I tweaked a few to VH and fixed my issue but... did I accidentally toggle some option that caused CC3+ to start doing this?

It could be I just got a decent enough monitor (last year or so) that makes it to where I could see the difference. Is there an easy way to set them all to VH w/o having to manually do it for each bitmap fill style (and on each map)?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Are these maps from CC3? If so, you should update them to CC3+ format by running the FFIX command. This replaces CC3 style paths with CC3+ ones, which is needed to make the automatic resolution system to work properly.
  • edited September 2017
    Where is the ffix command supposed to be? .exe (didnt find this) or a command within cc3+? (Yes, the maps were from cc3).
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited September 2017
    It's a text command. Just open your CC3 map and type FFIX (it will show in the command line) and then press Enter. There probably won't be any visible change to your map, but the command line should now read, Command [FFIX]. Save the file and click the Redraw [CC3 Button Image] button. You may have to close it and reopen it again to see the change.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    I please to aim. &nbsp:D
  • I just noticed the same thing! Just started a map with CC3+ DD Bogie CSUAC 2 Dungeon style and all the bitmap fills are VL. Tried changing them to HI and they seem to automatically revert to VL. Also tried creating new ones by giving ones I'm using a different name and selecting the HI versions, and still they revert to VL. The FFIX command tells me that everything is properly named or in the right path (don't remember the exact wording). I went and randomly checked other maps I've done over the past several months (in other styles) and the fills are mostly HI, so is this just something in the Bogie CSUAC 2 dungeon style? Hm.... Is there a way to change or force the fills from VL to HI?
    Posted By: ScottATried changing them to HI and they seem to automatically revert to VL
    This is expected behavior. CC3+ will load the correct version based on your current zoom level. You should not pay any attention to the resolution prefix in the fill style dialog, as it changes when you zoom in/out.

You can force a specific resolution from the Speed Settings dialog (button in the left toolbar), but normally, you should leave this at automatic, as this greatly improves CC3(+) performance.

The only manual fix you should apply is running FFIX on old CC3 maps to update the path, since the automatic resolution system doesn't work in CC3+ for maps employing the old CC3 style paths.
  • Ah, okay. Thanks, Monsen.

So I guess then my follow-up question is does running the FFIX command in CC3+ cause any issues, as I did that on this map after seeing this thread and assuming that was the solution? I've had an unusual number of crashes since which I'm fearing now are because I ran the FFIX command where it wasn't needed.
    No. FFIX only replaces old CC3 style paths with CC3+ paths, running it at a map with only CC3+ paths have no adverse effects.
    The only downside to running FFIX on a map is that it cannot be opened in CC3 afterwards, but if it was made in CC3+ from the beginning that would have been the case anyway. (Strictly speaking, you can open it in CC3, but all raster symbols and raster fills would be missing.)