Symbol collection issues

I'm currently working on my Capryse map, a planet that's war torn and abandoned for my mech warrior game. It's posted somewhere here on the forums.

While I'm using Herman Weilink's style for the base and background ( I love the way home mountain symbols fit together!) I've decided to pull the ruined cities and towns from many of the styles I have.

Right now I'm trying g to use some of Schley's ruins. I have his structure catalogue open in cc3+, but when I click on a Schley ruin to add to the map, what is actually on my prompt, is a ruin from the cc3+ basic structure catalogue! How is this happening? And more importantly, how do I fix it???

Comments

• Some symbols have the same name across symbol sets. This appears to be that the CC3+ basic structure ruin has the same name as the Schley ruin.

Add a letter, in Symbol Manager, to the CC3+ structure ruin. Or delete all ruins from your map, then Purge under Symbols menu.

Then you can place your Schley ruin symbol.
  • I will try the first option, I'm using the cc3+ ruins too, so I don't want to remove them.
  • It is a continuing challenge for me as well. You basically have to create your own symbol catalog and place the different styles you want in there but change the names. It looks like a pain in the but and I have not tried doing it yet. Monsen knows how to do it, he is the one that told me how to get around the issue. I am not sure why these were labeled this way; it is like they thought people would only use the symbols from a specific style. No one style has everything that you want to use, especially if you are building a world and the associated regional maps. But, you can create a symbol catalog just for that specific project.
  • I'm assuming all the info for this is in the Tome. Having to put my laptop in storage.for 5 months has REALLY put a crimp on everything! I STILL have not been able to get through all the tutorials. I swear as.soon as I finish that commission I had to put on hold, I'm taking time out to go through and do the tutorials for all of the programs I have. I may even get up the nerve.to.reinstall perspectives!