Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorAOE
    • CommentTimeSep 8th 2017

I would like to change the "background" of a map I have already produced from the flat single color used, to a textured surface. I thought that just using the "Change Background" command or option would do this, but it seems to exclude textured canvasses as an option.

I have attached two of my maps, one with the plan background, the other with a textured surface to illustrate.

Can someone please assist? Thanks.

Colonel Bill
      Battle of Liaoyang 1905 RJW.JPG
    • CommentAuthorAOE

And here is the second map with the plan background.
      Kissingen 1866.JPG
    •  
      CommentAuthorMonsen

The background is normally a polygon on the BACKGROUND sheet. Quickest option is usually to hide all sheets but BACKGROUND, then use Change Properties on this polygon.
    • CommentAuthorAOE
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2017

In this case doesn't look to be. I used the Opening Wizard to select a color for the background. Hiding all the other sheets worked well, but the color itself does not seem to be a polygon and thus the Change Properties command doesn't seem to work.

I did draw a polygon on top of this sheet in its entirety, changed properties on the polygon and that seemed to give the same effect, but I wonder if there is not something more.

Next?

Thanks, Colonel Bill
    • CommentAuthorjslayton

The drawing background color is a solid color used to fill the rendering area before anything else is drawn. Textures are not allowed at this stage of the process. If you would like a textured background, making a polygon filled with your desired texture that covers your drawing area is your only option, as Monsen suggested. There really is nothing more to it.
    • CommentAuthorAOE

Good enough, thanks very much.

Regards, Colonel Bill