Color Palette Question

I've been playing with the shaded relief style in the 2008 Annual and really liking it. In addition to the shaded relief, I created a series of muted green contour tools for a large scale, topographical feel. So here's my question: the basic CC3 color palette is very bright, whereas the palette that loads with the shaded relief template from the annual is softer and more muted. I really like it - how can I get that color palette into other drawings, including CD3 maps?

Thanks much,
Garth

PS If this is well documented somewhere, then I'm clueless and missed it....

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Click the color selector in the top statusbar to bring up the color palette dialog.
    From here, you can save the current palette (save custom pal)
    This will create a file in your cc3 directory called fcw32.pal, and all maps that does not have their own custom palette defined, will now use this new palette.
    To have a map permanently use this palette, even if you change it in the feature, got to File --> Drawing Properties, and hit "Attach to Drawing". this will cause the current map to store the palette with the map, instead of using the default palette.
    To have all maps start with the default palette again, just delete the fcw32.pal file from your CC3 directory, or go to the palette dialog, hit "Use default pal", then "Save custom pal", as this will save the default palette into this file.
  • Thanks much! This is a big help.

Cheers,
    Garth