[SOLVED] Terrain on water

Hi all, I'm new on Campaign Cartographer and I need your help.

I have a lake, and I want to create an island in the middle of it.

The problem is that my terrain disappear. I suppose is because of layers ordening or something like this, but I'm not able to solve this.

How I can force to put my terrain over the lake?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Have a nice day.

Comments

• ScottAScottA Surveyor
    Create a new sheet called ISLANDS or something similar and place it above the water sheet (well, technically under by the order of the sheets in the effects box). The order of the sheets determines where everything goes, so if something is above something else it will cover that item.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    In addition to creating the sheet as ScottA mentions, you need to make sure your island actually goes to this sheet. To help make mapping easier, drawing tools automatically put entities on the appropriate sheet. Generally, this is a good thing, but there are situations when this is not what you want.
    You can either edit the drawing tool to put the entities on your new sheet, or, take the simpler approach of just drawing the island, then immediately use change properties on it (before you zoom, redraw, or do anything else that would make it disappear) and simply change the sheet to your new island sheet. Note that you can use change properties even after it disappears, but it might be more difficult to select; in this case hiding the RIVERS sheet temporarily will help.
  • It works!

Thank you very much :D