Symbol Catalog issues

Recently the symbol catalog toolbar in CC3 switched from the left side to the right side of the display for me and I can't figure out how to change it back. Furthermore, right-clicking on the catalog no longer gets it to expand to fill the entire work area.

Given the timing, I suspect it's related to backing up and restoring my Windows profile across computers (my main went into the shop and so I had to get my backup up to snuff, at least in terms of the files).

Not knowing what else to do, I decided to try a reinstallation of the most recent patch (3.24), but when I attempt to run that patch, it says that it can't find my previous installation of CC3. Do I need to reinstall CC3 from scratch or is there a less drastic way to fix this problem?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    This is due to missing registry data. I could provide you with the symbol catalog fix, but given that the patch does not find your CC3 installation, it seems like probably all of it has gone missing. Most probably that windows profile of yours wasn't complete (Which might cause problems for other software as well).

I think the best in this situation is to reinstall CC3. There is a whole lot of registry settings there, and without them, CC3 won't work properly.