Rotate view in Fractal Terrains?

So I'm trying to take some of my geography to campaign cartographer, and I want to preserve as much detail as I can, is there a way to rotate the view port to accommodate a larger capture?

Comments

• jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    I don't understand the "rotate the view port to accommodate a larger capture" part of your question. Can you elaborate on what you're trying to do?
  • Well If I have say a piece of geography the shape of argentina or japan, that is going to be present on the globe in Fractal Terrains in a very space inneficient way as compared to somehow rotating the globe 90 degrees and thus having both a larger capture of the landmass and more precise selection for exporting.
  • jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    It sounds like you want to change the direction of north on your exported map to some other direction than straight up. There isn't a good way to do this easily in FT, unfortunately. You could define a new projection in the Projections.txt file, but those projections are static and not amenable to changing the center of projection via the mouse.

An easier way to handle this sort of thing might be to simply rotate the output entities in CC3. This suggestion, though, doesn't make the border look correct for any angle except a multiple of 90 degrees.
  • I have done this by exporting the png of the FT3 map, loading it into Irfanview, rotating it, and save it back to my drive. Then import it into CC3/CC3Plus and trace it.