PNG files now an "X"

I have PNG files that I use as character tokens that I have saved on a flash drive so I can use them from work without saving them on my work computer, and for some reason, now they are the red "X" in a white box in the drawing itself. Recently, I loaded CSUAC and I have a feeling this changed something.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Did the drive letter of your flash drive change? Or did you change the directory structure on the disk.

When referring to another location, such as a flash disk, the CC3 map will contain a complete reference to the absolute position of the file on that disk. So if that disk ever uses another drive letter than the one it had when you placed the symbols in the map, or if you move the files around on the disk, CC3 won't find them.
  • That might be possible. Can I cure this? I even tried copying the PNB's to the CC3 directory and it still didn't work.
  • Simon RogersSimon Rogers Administrator, ProFantasy Traveler
    List one of the PNGs to see where it's looking. If it lists as a symbol, do Symbol Manager, scroll down to an X, edit it, and list. You'll get a path. Your PNGs need to be in that path. If it starts witha a # that means the path is relative to the CC3 folder. If a $, relative to the current folder.
  • I listed it and the path was wrong, Monsen was right, I had accidentally overwritten the name of the drive while pathing a new drive in a few weeks back and screwed up the name of the drive. Thanks to both of you, I fixed it.

Thanks.