The Campaign that Does Not Exist :)

I was so impressed and inspired by the maps I have seen recently on the forum, I decided to spend the day playing with CC3+. I made this map with no campaign world or novel world in mind, but by the time I finished it, I had some ideas about a background story to accompany the map. That is why I love this program. It inspires creativity and fires the imagination.

So here are the ideas that came to me while making the map.

Two of the most powerful people in this region are Kashara, a full-blooded sun elf dragon priestess and her lover, Alestra, a half-drow name-magician assassin. Kashara and Alestra allied with the Crocodilians in the south to drive out the humans and orcs that were settling beside the elvish lands protected by the mountains in the east. The humans and orcs had violated the breeding grounds (islands south of Garneshian Swamp) of the Crocodilians and had disrupted their breeding cycles dooming them to extinction unless they were stopped. The elves were not in danger, but they didn't like having orcs and humans as neighbors. The orcs and humans were not allies and did not join forces when the elves and crocolians attacked them. Alestra used name-magic to enslave the orcs and compel them to serve her and Kashara. Humans were considered too weak to be good laborers so they were not enslaved. The orcs work in the mines and on the farms and the humans have been driven to the west and the south. It is rumored that Alestra is conducting a secret breeding program between orcs and humans, but this has not been confirmed.

Kashara is not satisfied with the current situation because she believes the humans are in possession of lands containing sacred artifacts to her dragon religion. It is her goal to push the humans out of this region completely and take over the areas that are rumored to have the remains of the great lost dragon gods of the past. The Crocodilians also consider dragons divine and are seeking the recovery of these artifacts. Not all of the crocodilian holy men and women are happy about an elf worshipping their dragons and they certainly don't think she should get to keep any dragon artifacts she may discover.

Comments