Disappearing Sheets in CC3+

Long time user (and I mean LONG TIME ;) ). recently upgraded to CC3+, and well...getting some new stuff happening I've never seen before that is annoying.

I have a 'base style' map I use for some Skirmish-Level map projects I have going on. But when I delete the entities on the sheets to change the map (i.e. maybe I have three different Hill levels), when I save the map, exit and load back in, my SHEETS are gone *poof* This is frustrating, as now I have to remake the sheet, recreate the sheet effects, etc.

Any insight into why this occuring?

Comments

• Sure, the sheets require a small . at 0,0 of the map... just place it under the map border and the sheets will stay there when everything on the sheet is deleted. Well, except for the '.'
  • Kinda what I was thinking. Map(s) need 'something' on the sheet to 'stay in memory'
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited August 2017
    If you're interested, you can find step-by-step instructions for adding a point to one or more sheets here.
  • NeonKnightNeonKnight Traveler
    edited August 2017
    Posted By: DogtagIf you're interested, you can find step-by-step instructions for adding a point to one or more sheetshere.
    Thanx, the point is even better than a single period method, but I actually found an even faster route.

Start on a sheet, any sheet really, and place your single point at 0,0 then for next point, type 0,0 Click DONE/OK. You now have a single point at 0,0.

Make sure ALL sheets are visible.

RIGHT+CLICK on the Copy ICON, and select COPY TO VISIBLE SHEETS, Select PRIOR to select the just made single point, then click DO IT

And just like that, you have made the single point on all sheets.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    Ah, yes. Good... er... point.  :D

That'll work very nicely and, yeah, it's a lot quicker!

Personally, I'd still recommend first hiding all sheets except the new ones, solely for the cleanness of it, but that's just the design nerd in me. Obviously having several points in the same location doesn't take up any appreciable space or anything, it's just a matter of personal taste.

Rock on!  \m/
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    To use the same setup as the "official" templates and maps, make the point color 1 and put it on the TEMPLATE layer. If you use Change Properties, you can even leave that layer hidden and frozen while you do this.

Here's my way of making sure all sheets stay in a new template for what it's worth.

After I've drawn up the prototype map for a new style,

- I delete everything except for the stuff that needs to be in the template (map border, background, etc.)
    - show and thaw the TEMPLATE layer
    - delete existing entities on the TEMPLATE layer
    - add a "2D point" entity at 0,0 in the map (don't worry about the current sheet or layer)
    - use Change Properties (selecting by prior) to change the point to color 1 and the layer TEMPLATE
    - Use Copy to Visible Sheets to copy the point to all sheets
    - Hide and Freeze the layer TEMPLATE

Hope that's useful.