My semi-annual "why isn't CSUAC & Bogie's showing up when I install it" question.

Reinstalled everything from scratch today - CC3+, then the update 13, then all of the add-ons I have, and then CSUAC+ and Bogie's. I ran through the same process I did last time (though at the time CC3+ was on update 9), but this time it didn't work.

The custom toolbar does not appear. I ran the .bat file to try to fix - no luck. I got no toolbar when I Installed CSUAC initially, none after running the .bat file, then none when I installed Bogie's after.

What troubleshooting should I do to try to fix this issue?

Comments

• I had a similar problem that was solved when I looked hrough the install pdf.
  • kmunozkmunoz Newcomer
    I've read the install PDF multiple times, each time I've done a reinstall (which I've done 4 times over the years, for a variety of reasons). I'm well conditioned to following the PDF step by step each time, rather than winging it.
  • I don't know then. You might search in here for the discussion on install problems for the CSUAC that Shessar and others contributed to.
  • kmunozkmunoz Newcomer
    edited August 2017
    Yeah, I did that, too - and the instructions basically boil down to making sure they're installed in a certain order, using a certain version, and using the .bat file if it goes pear-shaped. So the last time this happened, I made sure that my files were numbered so that next time I'd install them in the correct order the first time. And I made sure they were all the correct version. And I ran the .bat file after the CSUAC2 install (which didn't show up), and then again after Bogie's (which also didn't show up), and then ran the update 13 file a second time (to mirror the suggestion a while back to run update 9 a second time).

I still have a functioning install on my crappy 2006 laptop, so it looks like I'll be sticking with that for the time being.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    You did actually turn on the toolbar (Custom Iconbar 3) from inside CC3+, right? Assuming you did, the easiest way is probably just to copy the .mnu files from your laptop, and then run CC3MenuConfig.exe (in your data directory).
  • kmunozkmunoz Newcomer
    Yes I did turn on the toolbar.

I suspect that what may have happened is that the running-as-administrator install didn't work, and thus for some reason none of the mnu files got changed. Or something. (When I ran the installers as administrator they still warned me to run the installers as administrator, which presumably they should not have done, as I was running the installers as administrator.)

But I nuked the VM from orbit and gave up, since this all came at the end of a 4 hour download and installation process.
  • 7 days later
  • ScottAScottA Surveyor
    This thread made me realize that I didn't have the CSUAC symbols and fills installed. I wondered why I would sometimes get a bunch of red xxx on the fills menu for certain map settings! Could have sworn I installed it when I first purchased the program. Anyway, luckily, I seem to have been successful on the first try.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    I've added instructions on how to fix the missing toolbars to the main Vintyri Collection post (which is linked from the sticky).