I'm a complete newb to cd3

I'm trying to build a city for a campaign I'm doing. I need to build their starter city. Anyway I'm trying to build a building group it so I can relocate it.but even after grouping it it leaves parts. Second issue when I click on object It pulls up sheets. It's anoying as heck. Are there and good detailed city creation tutorials out thee. I see a few basic interface ones but nothing really building an actual map.

Comments

• Buildings are on multiple layers.

You can hide all of the layers, except the building ones, and then do a drag, selecting all of the buildings with that square/rectangle. Then move them where you want them, and then clicking to place them.

Be sure that the building layers, symbol definition, and merge layers are thawed. In other words no x in the frozen column of the layer popup.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited August 2017
    Another option is to select all the buildings as Jim said and then use the Copy command. This should give you an outline to see while you place them and you can also rotate the copy before you place it.

As for city creation tutorials, there are several really good ones, but none of them are shortcuts I'm afraid. Check out this post for links to city building info and tutorial links.

Happy mapping!

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag