Issues with CD3: Upside Down Fills & Random Street Not Working Properly

I am having a couple odd issues with CD3. First off, fills, when applied to buildings, are upside down! I'm using the Jon Roberts city and imported a couple roof fills from CD3, and when I apply them to buildings generated by the Random Street or that I build with the House button, they are upside down! This also happens with the fills that are already in the Jon Roberts pack. Regardless of the building's orientation, this happens. Is there a way to flip the orientation of fills? Or is there a solution to this issue?

Second is the Random Street. It is not working. When I click on a street nothing happens. Or, when something does happen I get a couple buildings placed randomly along the road! This feature was working perfectly well two days ago, but as of yesterday, it began doing this. I'll attach a couple screen caps to illustrate.

A road the I tried to use Random Street on. I did each side and this is what I got -- a few on the left and then a few more on the right on the second try.

Comments

• I don't use Random Road, but I think there are several discussions on it in these forms.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Do you have the latest update installed (and installed it AFTER installing CD3)? The upside-down roofs should be fixed a long time ago.
  • ScottAScottA Surveyor
    Do you mean the latest CD3 update or CC3+ update? Actually, I have both -- CC3+ 11 and CD3 for CC3+ and both are installed. The CC3+ 11 update was installed recently (of course), I can't honestly say if the CD3 for CC3+ was installed before or after CD3, as I bought everything but the annuals all at once so had a ton of stuff to install and don't think all the CC3 stuff was installed immediately (thinking I had CC3+, so why bother). It all is now, but CD3 may have been installed after CD3+. I also have the Random Street update from the annual installed.

Should I just re-install CD3+? Apparently, that addresses the upside down roof issue? But what of the Random Street? Same? And if so, should I then re-install the recent Random Street update from the annual? Sorry... as I've said previously, I'm a big dumb dumb when it comes to some computer/tech things!
    edited August 2017
    There are no specific updates for CD3, everything is handled through the CC3(+) updates, but the update can only fix what is currently installed, so it is always important to (re-)install any update after installing an add-on.
    CC3 vs CC3+ installs doesn't really matter, because these are 100% separate. Installing CD3 in CC3 and CD3 in CC3+ are completely separate, and don't affect each other in any way (and thus, both needs to be updated with the latest CC3/CC3+ update individually as well).

I recommend you just grab the latest CC3+ update from your registration page and install it. I am unsure about the random street thing, I can't remember any bugs with that feature. As for the Random City command from the annual, you don't need to reinstall that.
  • ScottAScottA Surveyor
    I just installed the newest CC3+ update a few days ago when it came out (#11). The one that's been crashing -- it took me a few tries but it did finally install. So I'm all up-to-date on the CC3+ updates.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited August 2017
    For the record, the newest update for CC3+ that came out a few days ago is Update 13. It replaced Update 12, which came out about a week before. Update 11 has been around for a while. You may want to double-check your CC3+ version (select Help>About CC3 from the menu). The latest version is 3.78 3.79.

If you have, both, CC3 and CC3+ installed, it's possible that you may have accidentally installed Update 11 for CC3, which is the last update for CC3.

EDIT: It appears that Update 13 has been slightly tweaked to update to 3.79. The change was so minor that the file is still called Update 13 but if you have version 3.78, you may want to re-download and re-install just to get the absolute latest version.
  • ScottAScottA Surveyor
    Hm... I'll go look again. Thanks, Dogtag. (short pause...).

You know what? I think that's what I did. Update 11 is at the bottom. Update 13 is higher up and I didn't even see it! And it's not in my ProFantasy software file, so that is exactly what I did! Zoinks! Big dumb dumb!!! LOL! Thanks, Dogtag. And thanks, Monsen!!!
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited August 2017
    And, actually, it appears Update 13 is really double-secret 13a (but still called 13) because it should update CC3+ to version 3.79, not 3.78 as I stated earlier. I've corrected my earlier post as well.

Glad to know it was something that simple, Scott. Map on! :D  \m/

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • Posted By: DogtagAnd, actually, it appears Update 13 is really double-secret 13a (but still called 13) because it should update CC3+ toversion 3.79, not 3.78 as I stated earlier.
    I think it would be helpful to have a stickie at the top of the forum that announces when a new update is released, and what the current update and software version is. I know there have been times that I've been behind on updates simply because I never think to sign in to the main PF site to check.
    Posted By: ShessarI think it would be helpful to have a stickie at the top of the forum that announces when a new update is released, and what the current update and software version is.
    A notice containing version and date have been added to the welcome banner that appear briefly on the top of the main forum page. Should make it easy to notice.
  • Posted By: Monsen
    A notice containing version and date have been added to the welcome banner that appear briefly on the top of the main forum page. Should make it easy to notice.

Thanks Monsen For doing this.