Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    • CommentAuthorJensen
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2017 edited

Hello everybody,

I want to show you the map of the current campaign I`m playing (as player, not as Game Master). Creating this map is a bit challenging, as the game we are playing is a RPG from the 80s/90s and contains a lot of freaky fantasy places inspired by the novels of Tanith Lee (like this pyramid whith the eternal light on the left side of the map) which are not easy to get on the map. The other challenging thing was the area called `lands of fire`, a land with vulcanos, lava and everything clouded in fog.
    If anybody has ideas how to create such special symbols or knows better ways to create such lava regions please let me know. Thanks :-)
    Don`t wonder about the strange mountains (the circle) in the middle or the way some rivers go. I took the landmasses from the original world-map, this world is highly magically, formed by active gods with areas created in wars of mages etc. An old-school fantasy world without the wish to be somehow medieval-like and realistic (thats why we play it :-)).

Thanks and regards, Jensen
      Kronlande Forum.jpg
      Kronlande Ausschnitt Forum.jpg
    • CommentAuthorLorelei
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2017

very nice! I really like the combination of styles
    Haaha! I love the camel :)

This is a beautiful map, Jensen. I like the abstract shapes you've used for the cities, and the way you've created the plateaued area on the right is particularly good. I'm afraid I can't help you with the land of fire though. It looks fine to me.

DMG
    • CommentAuthorScottA

I like the lava area as you have it -- it looks like rivers of lava running through the landscape. Fading the Wielink rocky waste and lava fills together like that is brilliant and very effective. That's one I'm going to remember and steal! There are smoke and fog fills and symbols but you can probably accomplish the same thing by creating your own on multiple sheets so that you have cloudy fades but in layers.
    • CommentAuthorJensen
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2017 edited

Ah, great idea Scott, I was not aware of smoke and fog fills. I will try them. Thanks!
    Cool stuff!
    • CommentAuthorHadrianVI

This looks really amazing, Jensen. Very nice work with the textures!!! :)
    • CommentAuthorCalibre

Excellent. Your style of mapping evokes the feeling of an entire world. I hope you will reveal more :)

thanks
    Cal
    This is really very nice, lovely and clear, thanks for sharing and goodluck with your campaign!!
    • CommentAuthorShessar
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2017

This is awesome Jensen! I really, really love the volcanic region. The blending of textures is perfect.
    • CommentAuthorJensen
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2017

Thank you all for the encouraging feedback!